I scheduled a party, NOW WHAT?
1. Coach your hostess to make a list of 10-15 women she would like to invite (family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc). Let her know you will contact her within 48 hours to get her list
2. Share your hostess rewards. Since you are your own business owner it’s up to you! Share with your hostess to get her excited. Not sure what to offer? Mary Kay has three suggestions for us…
- Up to 20% of the part sales in FREE PRODUCT (give her 10% for having a party, 15% when one of her guests books a party, 20% when two of her guests book a party)
- $40 in free product when she spends $35
- Any exclusive offers you choose, based on what your hostess loves!
3. Contact your hostess to get her finalized guest list. Make sure she includes name and phone number for everyone attending! Also confirm date, time and location!
4. Send your hostess a text 3-4 days before her party, letting her know how excited you are and sending her a picture of a “mystery hostess gift” to get her excited too! (Ps the “mystery hostess gift” does not have to be Mary Kay! Consider giving her a cute notepad, a pair of cute socks etc. The Target dollar section will be your best friend!)
5. 24-48 hours before the party pre-profile her guests. This step is crucial in appearing professional and prepared, as well as laying the groundwork for trust between you and the guests. Use the script below!
PRE-PROFILING YOUR GUESTS
“Hey _______! This is (your name), I’m the consultant doing (hostess’s name) party on (date)! Do you have a couple minutes to chat?
If she says no say “That’s fine, I’m just going to text you a few questions so I can make sure you have an amazing time! Have a great day, I can’t wait to meet you!!!”
If she says yes say “Great! I want to make sure you have the absolute best time at the party and I want your experience to be customized just for you! I just have a couple questions…
Have you ever tried Mary Kay before?
Is your skin normal/dry or combination/oily? Also, is it sensitive or prone to acne?
Is your skin tone ivory, beige or bronze?
If you could change one thing about your skin what would it be?
Once she answers your questions, then finish with…
“Awesome, thank you! We will be starting at (insert time) on the dot tomorrow, and everyone who is there early will get a special Satin Hands pampering treatment and go into an Early Bird drawing! Also, there is no obligation for you to purchase at the party, however if you do find something you fall in love with or can’t live without, I do keep product on hand & can accept cash, check or credit card. Can’t wait to meet you!”
6. Pack up for the party the night before! This checklist should help keep you on track and making sure you have everything you need!
7. Text your hostess the day of and let her know you will be arriving 20-30 minutes early to set up and you cannot wait to see her!
8. Throw on a dress or a skirt and your Mary Kay face and hit the road! When you get to your hostess’s house grab ONLY your Starter Kit and be sure to put you phone away before going to the door!
9. When your hostess answers the door greet her with a smile and your undivided attention. A firm hand shake or a hug is a great way to initiate your relationship with the hostess! Ask her where you’ll be setting up, and also let her know you’ll need a separate room for individual consultations. A living room or any other room separate from the party is perfect for this! Show your hostess how to do Satin Hands so she can do it on her guests!
10. Set up for the party! Use this guide to ensure everything is where it belongs!
11. Greet each guest after the hostess does! Shake their hand firmly and smile as you introduce yourself. Guide them to the sink to do Satin Hands, and then help them take their seat at the table and ask them to fill out their profile card!
12. Do not wait more than 5 minutes for late guests to start the party. Anyone who is late can jump in wherever you are at in your skin care class.
13. Follow the flip chart that came in your Starter Kit and have fun!